- NOTE: This page has not been updated
since 1997 and, consequently, it contains many broken links. It is left
visible for record of what once was.
This is a hodge-podge collection of sites. Some of them might not work.
Please let me know if you find such non-working
links or if you find some other interesting links (including your own site) not included here.
I intend to be inclusive and let you, the visitor decide what's good and what's not.
December 9, 1997
Mostly Bosnian links:
Mostly Croatian links:
Mostly Macedonian links:
- Virtual Macedonia
- Macedonian News Service's On-Line Web-Site
- Merak The official web site of the Macedonian band "MERAK" from Syracuse, New York, USA
- LEBiSOL, "the preminent rock'n'roll fusion band in the Balkans."
- Vuksan's homepage
- Boris Soposki's Virtual Macedonia the official Macedonia
home-page -- must see.
- A Virtual Galery of Vele Samak and his Resources
- Macedonian Information Almanac by George Mitrevski
- Open Society Institute in Macedonia
- FAQ about Macedonia: Information,
Travel, Language, Cuisine, Networking, Politics & Government, Sports, Religion, Literature,
Art, History, Macedonians in the neighbouring countries.
Mostly Slovenian links:
Government and the like
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty on the Web
- The Institute for War & Peace Reporting
- War Child, Helping the Innocent Victims of War
- ICTY International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
- One Family Home Page, Assisting Refugees Throughout the World
- ICG, The International Crisis Group
- International Crime Tribunals ICTY/ICTR.
- American Red Cross
- Balkan Institute
- Convoy Bosnia from the Lasiewicz Foundation
- SJMIR - St. Joseph Peace Mission, a non-profit relief
organization currently working in Bosnia, Hercegovina and Croatia.
- The Serious Road Trip, anyone who has ever been
to Bosnia-Herzegovina and looked around in the last 3 years, must have
seen this group of unortodox folks who get the job done. They sure have
- VITA is a private,
nonprofit organization engaged in
international development. Since its inception in 1959, VITA has been
committed to helping people in developing countries improve the quality
of their lives through the collection, distillation, and transfer of information.
- CIJ, Coalition for International Justice. Includes
Commission of Experts on the Former Yugoslavia Home Page
Students Against GEnocide.
Other interesting links:
- Women Anti-War Organizations in former Yugoslavia
and Groups Against Violence Against Women
- Wars for Succesion of Yugoslavia,
a large collection of references on the Serbian viewpoint.
- Links to Internet Resources concerning Yugoslavia.
- Nezavisna Svetlost,
an independent weekly "zine" from Kragujevac, FR Yugoslavia. Listed
in a collection of zines at
Directory of Active South Slavic Mailing Lists from
Slovenian Worldwide Computer Network. EXCELLENT RESOURCE
- Tito, an interesting
page about the leader of former Yugoslavia, coming to you from Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Yugoslavia, a
very beautifully done and useful site. Must see.
- SETNET, SOUTH EUROPEAN TEAM NETWORK,
United BBS's of the Balkans
- Open Media Research Institute
The Open Media Research Institute (OMRI) is a non-profit, public service research enterprise
dedicated to the study of the former Soviet Union and East-Central and Southeastern Europe.
OMRI's three-fold mission is to inform people worldwide about regional affairs through the
regular publication of analyses and news concerning the target region; to maintain and make
accessible the extensive Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Archives; and to train analysts and
journalists from the region.
- Messages from Sarajevo Pipeline
- Good reference page for former Yugoslavia stuff
- Martin Hogan's Human Rights site, must see
- No war in Bosnia page
- InterAction. American Council for Voluntary International Action
- Soros Foundaiton's Open Society
- Yugoslavia from Yurope
- Links from Yu-Qwest
- CyberSlavia, great attempt to
break away from the old ways.... (take it with a good sense for humor)
- Serbian Information Initiative, a very good site for
"alternative" information sources, including Vreme
- Great N. Tesla site
- Nikola Tesla Musum
- Mennonite Central Committee
on The Former Yugoslavia
- Committee Against U.S. Intervention in the Balkans
an excellent collection of resources speaking against US interventions anywhere.
- Culture, Economy, News, Library from Yugoslavia
"The Serb people wish only to be their own masters on their own land, within historical and ethnically
The above is a quote from the introductory paragraph in the collection at
I would like to know if that is
the reason why my mother suffered the siege and the destruction of Dubrovnik from
October 1991 to May 1992.
- Mad Rush Thru' Eastern Europe & Turkey Homepage,
an interesting view of parts of my homeland through the eyes of a friend from